Has this ever happened to you? You get on the scale and you are elated you have successfully dropped the weight you wanted to lose.
Weight Loss is a Multi-Million Dollar Market (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Then, you get back on the scale a few days later, you have put them back on again? I know I have.
And you are not alone. If you are like me and are challenged my weight loss you are not alone. This is a huge industry and getting weight off an keeping it off is a multi-million dollar niche market.
Part of the industry is really helping us lose weight but, I don’t know about you, I get the feeling there are some un-mentioned rules about weight loss people are just not into sharing because they really don’t want us to get healthy and lose that weight. And by THEY I mean the people who are selling weight loss products.
Part of a Healthy Lifestyle
Essential oils are not a magic bullet. Don’t take 3 drops of this and 4 drops of that and expect to wake up 10pounds lighter. Essential oils can, however, be a part of a healthy lifestyle to help curb cravings and support your body to lose weight.
Oils address a root cause of why you maybe overweight. Emotional eating, stress eating, unbalanced diet, cravings, these can be addressed with essential oils.Using essential oils for weight loss is NOT a cure-all. But it can be the part of a lifestyle change that gets your body over the plateau or hump it’s been struggling with. If you are an ’emotional’ eater I use and recommend this book Emotions & Essential Oils: A Modern Resource for Healing I have used it to help in many areas of my life (not just with eating).
To look at weight loss as a single entity would be wrong. The smart way to look at weight loss is to think of how your daily routine is impacting your weight loss/gain.
To isolate your lack of weight loss and say, you must eat cabbage for a week to lose weight, would give you a net loss for a few weeks but to sustain this loss, you have to change your habits. This approach would only lead you to believe if you only eat cabbage you would lose weight. And it will, but it is an unbalanced, quick fix which will not be sustainable.
When coupled with a holistic approach, using essential oils for weight loss can help you address many of these things. Therapeutic grade essential oils are known to have a positive affect on the physical well-being, can address emotions and stress, and impacts our inner work that is undoubtedly tied to everything we do or struggle with.
Quality of Essential Oils
Your Daily Routine is Impacting Your Weight Loss(Photo credit: GmanViz)
Not all essential oils are made equally. When purchasing oils check the label. The label should say THERAPEUTIC GRADE essential oils. If the label doesn’t say therapeutic grade put it back on the shelf. It is of no use to you.
I use a brand called doTERRA oils and they have exceeded the Therapeutic grade and developed their own grade – CERTIFIED PURE THERAPEUTIC GRADE essential oils. The essential oil industry is unregulated so the oil you by from your local supplier may or may not be pure. The oil found at the grocery store, health food store or drug store are purchased from whole-salers which may or may not be concerned about quality control.
Some suppliers, in an effort to make better return on investment (i.e. more money) thin the oils with additives and solvents. These chemicals are used to help bolster volume but it reduces the effectiveness of the oils.
A LOT goes into creating a therapeutic grade essential oil. The best essential oil brands follow these guidelines:
- Proper plant varieties
- Grown in their indigenous region around the world
- Grown without chemical pesticides, herbicides, etc
- Harvested with precise timing to ensure peak properties
- Extracted with proper temp and pressure to preserve oil molecules
- Third-party testing of each and every batch
- Stand behind the internal use of their oils
Metabolic of Essential Oils for Weight Loss
Using these oils separately is a possibility, but it’s the unique proportions of this blend and the quality of these oils that make the difference in the therapeutic support they offer.
There are many essential oils that can support your weight loss efforts, but sometimes a specialty metabolic blend can give you that boost to stop cravings. A metabolic blend can balance your appetite, increase your energy, balance your metabolism, uplift your mood and more.
Consider the following oils in your own metabolic blend.
- Grapefruit: As one of the top essential oils for weight loss, grapefruit has been shown to help with cellulite, overeating, weight loss, and toning, as well as stress, and uplifting the mind and thoughts. On emotional and spiritual levels, grapefruit is said to address a person’s self-acceptance, self-abuse, eating disorders, and body image.
- Lemon: This oil has a gentle detoxifying affect on the body, increases physical energy levels, and may address intestinal parasites and a multitude of digestive ailments. On an emotional and spiritual level it can affect a person’s self-judgments and self-approval.
- Peppermint: Peppermint is great for a huge array of digestive issues, stimulates the mind, and helps with candida (which often influences weight). Emotionally and spiritually it it uplifts heavy emotions, such as depression, and increases optimism and motivation.
- Ginger: Ginger is well-known for digestion or digestive issues. It also increases energy, warms the body, and acts as a tonic and a stimulant to the system. Emotionally and spiritually, ginger creates empowerment. Its warming and stimulating properties stimulates our inner strength, our willingness to change, and our refusal to being powerless or defeated in our life.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is said to enhance the work of all the other essential oils for weight loss. With that it’s also been found to impact healthy insulin levels, improve digestion and circulation, gently detox the body, stimulates the immune system, and even increases libido. Emotionally and spiritually, cinnamon is said to increase our self-love, improve our body image and acceptance, and allows us to feel free to be ourselves.
These oils will help. But sustained small incremental habits over a consistent period will help you achieve your weight loss goals or any goals really. The Slim & Sassy blend has no caffeine, sugars, artificial (flavors, colors or preservatives), and it has no harmful side effects.
How to Use Slim & Sassy
You can use this oil:
- Internally – Just pop a couple of drops into your water bottle and shake it up. The oils may float to the top so shake the bottle before drinking.
- Aromatically – Can be diffused or inhaled directly.
- Topically – Can be applied directly to the skin or within a carrier oil, such as franctioinated coconut oil. Diluting the oils is recommended for young or sensitive skin. If you think you may have sensitive skin, do a patch test to see if there is a reaction.
PLEASE NOTE – taking essential oils internally is not recommended for most essential oils. Check the label of your oil. The bottle should say “Generally Recognized As Safey” by the FDA (21CFR182.20) or it says Can be taken internally. If it does not have this designation… then do not take it internally.
ALSO – Citrus oils such as grapefruit, orange, lemon may cause photosensitivity (sunburn). Don’t apply in the eyes, nose, or ears, and consult your doctor if you’re pregnant or nursing and keep out of eyes, ears, or nose.
THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IS MEANT FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES & NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROPER MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS & TREATMENT BY A VETERINARIAN OR DOCTOR.